4 Cups plus 1 TB Flour
2 TB Baking Powder
2 TB Sugar
2 tsp. Salt
3 sticks Butter, cold and diced
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Cup Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
**1 egg with 2 TB milk or water for egg wash
** Sugar for sprinkling is optional
for the glaze-
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons milk
Created on February 1st, 2014
- Using an electric mixer with paddle, combine 4cups flour, 2 TB sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in cold butter at the lowest speed until mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs,cream and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Combine until just blended.
- In another small bowl, combine blueberries and almonds with 1 TB flour. Add to dough and mix quickly.
- Dump dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1” thick. Cut into squares; then cut in half to make triangles. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove scones from refrigerator; brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until outside is crisp.
While scones are baking stir all ingredients for glaze together and set aside.
Once scones are done, remove from oven.
Drizzle with glaze. Serve and enjoy!
Once scones are out of the oven, cool 5 minutes then drizzle with glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature.