Created on November 21st, 2011
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a round cake pan.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and vanilla. Slowly add and beat into the dry ingredients until well combined.
Slowly stir in the melted butter.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
3) In a large bowl, using a pastry cutter mix together the softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and pecans (if using) until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoons full and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. You want to make sure it’s done.
5) Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer or whisk until smooth. Slowly add the maple syrup and vanilla. Add a few tablespoons of milk, if necessary, so the frosting can be drizzled. While the cake is still warm, drizzle the frosting on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.